How do I make a payment for a Bookpecker purchase?
Bookpecker offers multiple methods to make payments for your order: Credit Card & Debit Card, Net Banking, Cash Cards E-Gift Voucher and Cash on Delivery.
Is it safe to submit my credit card information on your site?
The security of your personal information is very important to us. Using a credit card for shopping online is simple and secure. Our Payment Gateway is verisign certified with 256bit SSL data transmission which ensures security of your credit card information This means is when you provide the credit card information, it is transmitted across the Internet in an encrypted (scrambled) format and it is not decoded until our bank server receives it. We only accept credit card information online on secure server of our payment gateway. Please do not give us your credit information by email / telephone or any other source.
Can I pay by foreign currency on Bookpecker.com?
Customers using foreign and international cards should note that this online payment gateway accepts payments only in Indian Rupees. Therefore, the amount charged is the INR value of the product which is converted into US Dollars or any other foreign currency at the actual prevailing conversion rate while passing on the order to the payment gateway. Similarly for any applicable refunds the full INR amount which has been charged is refunded which is converted into US Dollars or any other foreign currency at the actual prevailing conversion rate. The difference if any in the refund and amount charged is due to the fluctuation of the conversion rate. In some cases where an international credit card has been used the Credit Card Issuing Company levies a transaction charge for any charge / refund issued. The applicable charge is decided by the issuing bank. Bookpecker.com would refund only the amount charged in INR.Bookpecker.com is not responsible for any charge levied by the credit card Issuing bank for the foreign transaction.
Customers buying imported books and journals in India may kindly note that the prices displayed against each title are in their original foreign currency but at the time of payment the amount displayed on the site is converted into INRfrom any other foreign currency at the Good Offices Committee conversionrate which is a monthly average currency conversion rate declared by the Federation of Publishers & Booksellers Association of India.
Are there any other charges when I make a purchase on Bookpecker (Octroi, Sales Tax)?
There are absolutely no hidden charges when you make a purchase with Bookpecker. All our prices include all Govt. levies including Octroi or Vat if applicable. We offer free delivery if the order is Rs. 150 or above, otherwise you will be charged an additional Rs. 30 for delivery. The prices listed for all items are final and all-inclusive. The prices you see on our product pages are exactly what you pay for the item.
What is Cash on Delivery?
Cash-on-Delivery (COD) is an alternate method of purchasing Books from us, other than Online (By Credit/Debit card and Netbanking) and Cheque/DD/Money Order. You will have to pay the order amount in cash to our courier partners at the time of the actual delivery, rather than paying in advance. COD payment terms are not applicable for subscription of journals.
Are there any hidden terms and conditions for a COD purchase?
The maximum order value for a COD payment is Rs. 50,000. It's strictly a cash-only payment method; e-Gift Vouchers or Store Credit cannot be used for COD orders.
How do I pay using a Credit/Debit card and is it safe?
We accept all VISA, MasterCard and Diners Club both Indian and International. Customers will need to key in their 16-digit Credit/Debit Card number and the 3 digit CVV Code (Card Verification Value - found on the back of the card) and complete the payment flow. All Credit/Debit card details remain confidential and private. Bookpecker and our trusted payment gateways use SSL encryption technology to protect your card information.
We accept Debit Cards issued by the following banks:
- AXIS Bank Debit Card
- Bank of Baroda (VISA Electron only)
- Bank of India
- Barclays Bank (VISA Electron only)
- City Union Bank (VISA Electron only)
- Central Bank of India ( Master Card Only)
- Canara Bank Debit Card
- Citibank Debit Card
- Corporation Bank Debit Card
- Deutsche Bank Debit Card (VISA Electron only)
- Dena Bank (VISA Electron only)
- Development Co operative Bank (VISA Electron only)
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank Debit Card
- ICICI Bank Debit Card
- Indian Overseas Bank Debit Card (VISA Electron only)
- IndusInd Bank(VISA Electron only)
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Karnataka Bank Debit Card (VISA Electron only)
- KarurVysya Bank (VISA Electron only)
- Laxmi Vilas Bank ( VISA Electron Only)
- Punjab National Bank Debit Card
- RBS Bank ( MasterCard Only)
- Standard Chartered Bank
- State Bank of India Debit Card
- Syndicate Bank (VISA Electron only)
- The Dhanalakshmi Bank Ltd ( VISA Electron only)
- Uco Bank (VISA Electron only)
- Union Bank of India
- Yes Bank ( MasterCard only)
We accept payment through Internet Banking for the following banks:
- AXIS Bank
- Corporation Bank
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank Of India
- State Bank of Indore
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Saurashtra
- State Bank of Travancore
- Citibank ecard
- Icash card
- Itz Cash
- Done Card
Placing a Cash-on-Delivery (C-o-D) Order
- All items that have the "Cash-on-Delivery Available" Icon are valid for order by Cash-on-Delivery. Add the item(s) to your cart and proceed to checkout.
- When prompted to choose a Payment Option, select "Pay By Cash-on-Delivery"
- Enter CAPTCHA text as shown, for validation.
- Once verified and confirmed and be processed for shipment in the time specified, from the date of confirmation.
- You will be required to make a Cash payment to our Courier Partner, only at the time of delivery of your order.
Terms & Conditions
- The maximum order value for C-o-D is Rs. 50,000
- e-Gift Vouchers or Store Credit cannot be used for C-o-D orders
- Please make ONLY Cash Payment at the time of delivery.
Couldn't find the information you needed? Please contact us.